Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Participatory culture- Blogging

The participatory culture that I contribute to is Blogging. Blogging is an online community of social networking. People share their views and thoughts about various topics and publish them on the Internet for the public to see. Blogging is becoming so popular that news companies look to bloggers in the general area of an accident for information if they themselves cannot access the scene or, are where the breaking news has occurred. They allow people to express their own opinions on people and news that are around them. 

Although I think that I have only scratched the surface of the blogging world I do think that I have brought some interesting information to the table. I do not think I have experienced the full effect of blogging because an important part of blogging itself is to have feed back. Even though I have sent my blogging link to friends and family I have yet to experience the opinion from a person I have no relation to. I think that if I were to have both negative and positive feed back that it would help my blogging abilities. Thus far I think I have done an okay job, considering in the beginning I was a little scared of what people were going to think, or say about my thoughts and opinions on the topics I have chose. 

But I have come to realize that blogging is no different than having a facebook. I publicized my life on a social net work I have pictures, friends and family  personal information that I freely gave away thinking that only my friends were able to see it. Really in comparison this blog does not fully publicize who I am only my thoughts and opinions are exposed. Although I am sure that if someone wanted to pish information from me they could leave my blog page with quite a bit of information to help them along.

No comments: