Thursday, October 16, 2008

HelloMoto!


Whether it is 4am or 12 in the afternoon, my cell phone is a huge part of my life every single day. It is the first thing I use when I wake up, and the last thing I use before I go to bed. It tells the time for me, when to get up, it updates me on what is going on in the world; with friends and family. It is with me 24-7 and I am constantly checking it for text messages and missed phone calls, ANYTHING!! It's something that is constantly with me and when its not, I feel completely naked. Three years ago when I didn't have a cellphone, I'll admit life was bearable. My friends still called me, on our house line. Thinking about it life was a lot less stressful, I never felt obligated to return a text message, mainly because I couldn't. I wasn't guilted into answering a phone call or returning one because as we all know the telephone we have at home doesn't display MISSED PHONE CALLS all over the display box, plus an additional text message to make sure you read the screen.


Now when ever I get a phone call I'm always debating on whether or not I should pick up the phone call or let it ring. What am I debating on? Well if someone has a cellphone the chances are they will always have it on them 24-7, some will even have it with them when they go to sleep (I ALWAYS have my phone on and at my side). I'm debating on whether the next time I talk to that person if they will ask, " how come you ignored my phone call?" Well I don't know about anyone else but if I were told, "I just didn't want to talk to you." I'd be a little upset. But then, if you do answer the phone and the person on the other end is full of energy and is just so happy you answered, mean while your on the other end sighing and the whole bit, in the end you wish you didn't answer. Now don't get me wrong here, I love talking to all of my friends and family but when you've been on a bus for 4 hours just trying to get home, and all you want to do is sleep and be in a quiet place, it seems almost like a chore sometimes to have to sit and talk on the phone. Again, if I don't answer the phone call could be an important one who knows unless you answer?


Any ways needless to say I never thought that having a cellphone would be so much fun and so much work at times. In the world of cell phones they never get tired only the people using it. My advice to someone thinking of buying one, make sure you give it good thought before hand, it might just take control over you with just the simple gesture of dialing the first number.

No comments: